Sunday, June 8, 2014

Why did I pick this silly name?

Eternal Sophomore Nerd

Doesn't sound flattering in a few ways. Why then, did I pick it?

I have a few reasons behind it, I'll share some of them:

Never stop learning
Sophomore, as you undoubtedly know, comes from Greek and means "wise-fool."
As one of those folks that feel that life long learning is a fantastic personality trait I'm always pleased by those silly quotes:

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. - Albert Einstein

One that I saw but cannot recall who said it or the exact wording:

The true master will admit that he cannot know everything.

In line with the Confucius one above.

So to put it plain, I hope always to be a sophomore in that I hope always to be learning the things I don't know and aware that I do not and cannot know everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment